This chinese dish uses three different kinds of eggs – chicken eggs, century eggs and salted eggs, this chinese steamed recipe is very unique!
Chicken eggs 4
Century eggs 2
Salted eggs 2
Oil 1 tablespoon
Salt 1/2 tablespoon
Water 4 tablespoon
1. Boil century eggs and salted eggs for 8 minutes.
2. Remove and peel the eggs. Cut century eggs into small pieces.
3. Cut salted eggs into small pieces.
4. Beat chicken eggs with seasonings.
5. Combine half of the chicken egg mixture with salted eggs. Pour into a greased square steaming dish, cover with aluminium foil, steam over medium heat for 15 minutes.
6. Add century eggs to the remaining chicken egg mixture and pour into the steaming dish, cover with aluminium foil and steam for another 15 minutes.
7. Cut into slices and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Use aluminium foil to cover the steaming dish will help to prevent water dripping onto the egg mixtures, thus the steamed eggs will be smoother.